Who is Amit Sadh?
Amit Sadh is an actor best known for playing Kabir Sawant in Amazon Prime series Breathe (2018) and Breathe : Into the Shadows (2020). He is also famous for giving notable performance as Major Videep Singh in Avrodh (2020) and Major Deep Singh in Jeet Ki Zid (2021).
Amit Sadh is recently seen in Zee5’s Duranga as Sammit Patel, who played the role of a coma patient, while his identity is faked by Gulshan Deviah, who played the dual personality of Abhishek Banne and Sammit Patel. Amit’s role in Duranga is a surprise element in the story which got revealed late in the series, however, he might play an active role in the Duranga season 2 when the series is renewed.
Amit Sadh Biography
Amit Sadh was born in Jammu. He spent his childhood in Lucknow and later moved to Delhi. He completed his graduation from La Martiniere College, Lucknow (U.P). Amit wanted to be an actor since childhood however his father wanted him to become an army officer. Therefore, he ran away from home at the age of 16 and reached Mumbai.
Amit has had a very rough life and he tried to commit suicide several times but came out of it.
Also read about Ritvik Sahore only on wikibiotv.
|Date of Birth
|5 June 1979
|43 Years (as on August 2022)
|Place of Birth
|Hindi, English, Punjabi
|La Martiniere College, Lucknow
|Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York
|Hobbies and Favorites Stuff
|Bike Riding, Reading, Gymming
|Marlon Brando, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan
|Guddu Rangeela, Running Shaadi.com
|Kumaon, Leh, Ladakh and Mountain Ranges
|Mutton Biryani, Kaju Katli, Jalebi, Rabdi, Motichur Ke Laddu, Gujiya, Jeera Aalo, Rajma Chawal and Kadi Chawal
Body Measurements and Physical Appearance
Amit Sadh is 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs around 65kgs. He has black eyes and fair complexion. If we look at his body measurements, his chest is 40 inches, waist is 32 inches and biceps are 14 inches.
Family and Relatives
Amit Sadh’s mother is a homemaker and his father ‘Ram Chandra Dogra’ was a National Level Hockey player who wanted him to become an army officer. He also has an elder sister named ‘Anu Gaur’.
Affairs and Dating Information
Amit Sadh had an affair with punjabi actress Neeru Bajwa. They were madly in love with each other and lived like a married couple. Unfortunately, Neeru Bajwa left him because Amit prioritised career over relationship, after that Amit became depressed and turned into an alcoholic.
Reportedly, Amit has also dated Brazilian model ‘Annabel DaSilva’.
Debut and Career
Amit Sadh started his career from television, he made his debut on small screen as ‘Aditya’ from Neena Gupta’s production ‘Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr’. Post that, he appeared in tv show called ‘Kohinoor‘ telecasted on Sahara tv. Neither of these shows gave him recognition and popularity. Later Amit appeared in reality based shows such as ‘Big Boss‘, ‘Nach Baliye‘ and ‘Fear Factor‘.
After returning from Big Boss, Amit had faced negative publicity due to his anger issues and aggressive personality. Some people even said that he has gone mad and he shouldn’t be given work in the television. In an interview Amit disclosed that Tv fraternity had banned him from television and he had no work thereafter.
Meanwhile, Amit was also dealing with the break up with Neeru Bajwa, with whom he was in relationship for more than 8 years. Because of the breakup, he became devastated and heartbroken. Afterwards, he went to Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York to learn acting and deal with such situations.
After returning to India, he came in contact with Arshad Warsi and other like minded people who guided him. Soon, Amit got the opportunity to audition at Mukesh Chabbra Casting, after watching his audition Mukesh recommended him for the role of ‘Omi Shastri’ in an upcoming Hindi film. Luckily, Amit got selected and that is how he got his first lead role in Bollywood film ‘Kai Po Che‘ casted alongside Sushant Singh Rajput (died:14 June 2020) and Raj Kumar Rao.
Also read about Vineet Kumar Singh only on wikibiotv.
Although, Kai Po Che was a critically acclaimed film and Amit’s work was appreciated by audience and film fraternity, Yet no one praised him on any PUBLIC FORUM. And even after the success of the film Amit didn’t get work for a long time.
Then in 2015, he joined the main cast of Hindi feature film ‘Guddu Rangeela‘ along with actors such as Arshad Warsi, Aditi Rao Hydari, Ronit Roy, Amit Sial, Dibyendu Bhattacharya, Brijendra Kala, Achint Kaur and Rajiv Gupta.
In 2016, Amit appeared in Salman Khan starrer film ‘Sultan‘, where he played the role of Aakash Oberoi. In the same year, he did a cameo in Sonakshi Sinha starrer film titled ‘Akira‘.
Next year, he acted in Running Shaadi, Sarkar 3 and Raag Desh. Reportedly, Sadh was casted by Amitabh Bachchan in Sarkar 3 as Shivaji Nagre, while many people from the production believed that he shouldn’t have been given that role.
During his acting journey he has been a part of several films, here is the list of movies he did since 2018:-
- Gold (2018)
- Jack and Dil (2018)
- Super 30 (2019)
- Barot House (2019)
- Operation Parindey (2020)
- Yaara (2020)
- Shakuntala Devi (2020)
Eventually, OTT, the much talked platform was on boom and many actors including Amit tried their luck on the web. Fortunately, he got a chance to work in Amazon Prime thriller series ‘Breathe (2018)‘, where he played the character of Kabir Sawant. The series was a hit and Sadh got immense fame and popularity, later, his role was also reprised in Breathe:Into The Shadows streamed in 2020 on prime video app.
After the much awaited success of Breathe, Amit Sadh has become the hot choice for OTT platforms. Therefore, he was approached by Zee5 associates and signed him for their action thriller series Avrodh and Jeet Ki Zid, in both the web series he played the character of an army officer. Post that he appeared in Eros Now series 7 Kadam along with Ronit Roy, which failed to leave an impact on audience.
Apart from series and films, Amit has recently ventured into a new genre of voice acting, where he has given his voice to a Hindi podcast series of ‘Batman‘ directed by Bruce Wayne and produced by Warner Bros and DC. Interestingly, another emerging actress ‘Shweta Tripathi‘ also joined the team of voice actors and she will be recording as Barbara Gordon in the podcast series.
Awards and Nominations
Amit Sadh has been nominated and won the following awards:-
|Filmfare OTT Awards
|Best Supporting Actor
|Breathe:Into The Shadows
|Indian Television Academy Awards
|Popular Actor on Web
|Avrodh:The Siege Within, Jeet Ki Zid, 7 Kadam
Facts about Amit Sadh
- Amit Sadh lived on a footpath from the age of 16 till 18 yrs and did odd jobs such as washing, cleaning cars and even worked as a security guard in South Extension, Delhi.
- Till the age of 30, everyone from film fraternity called him a loser.
- He tried to commit suicide 4 times at the age of 16 and 18 years, first attempt from Gomti River Bridge, second attempt from a tower in Almora, third attempt from the terrace of Benetton showroom, fourth attempt on a Railway Track in Kidwai Nagar, Delhi.
- To come out of suicidal thoughts he practised Buddhism and became a follower of Dalai Lama.
- He came to Mumbai with Rs.300 and a Bike.
- In early days of his career, he was immature, had anger issues, zero diplomacy skills and intolerant.
- His father wanted him to be an army officer but Amit wanted to be an actor. To respect his father dreams he acted as an army officer in several series and follows the Indian army news very closely.
- Amit is passionate about Biking. He started riding bullet at the age of 14.
- The people he trusts from film industry are his producer Vikram Malhotra, Director Mayank Sharma and former Amazon Prime content head Vijay Subramaniam.
- Amit Sadh loves sports, he used to play football in his childhood.
- He worked as a cleaner in South Extension, where he used to sing Bryan Adams songs. Therefore, owner of the house couldn’t digest how could a servant sing English songs that well while their children can’t. Consequently, Amit was fired from the job.
- Only few people know that Amitabh Bachchan casted him in film Sarkar 3. While others were not in favour of casting him for the role of Shivaji Nagre.
- At once Amit Sadh was banned from Television industry due to his anger issues.
- Amit has 3 pet dogs, one of them is named ‘Cocca’.
Salary and Net Worth
Amit Sadh is an experienced actor who has worked in all types of cinema including Tv, Web and Films. Therefore, his net worth is estimated at around 6-7 crore Indian rupees. Most of his income comes from web series and films. If reports are to be believed he charges approx. 35-40 thousand rupees per day for web series shoot.