Directed by Peter Morgan, the cast of “The Crown Season 6” features a mix of returning and new actors to portray the royal family and other significant figures from the late 1990s and early 2000s. Here’s a breakdown of the main cast:-
- Imelda Staunton plays Queen Elizabeth II. She is the primary actor for the older version of the Queen, while Claire Foy, Olivia Colman, and Viola Prettejohn appear as younger versions in flashback scenes.
- Jonathan Pryce takes on the role of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Queen Elizabeth’s husband.
- Lesley Manville portrays Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, Elizabeth’s younger sister, with Beau Gadsdon playing the younger Princess Margaret.
- Dominic West plays Charles, Prince of Wales, the eldest child and heir apparent of Elizabeth and Philip.
- Elizabeth Debicki is cast as Diana, Princess of Wales, Charles’ ex-wife.
- Olivia Williams appears as Camilla Parker Bowles, Charles’ long-time lover.
- Khalid Abdalla takes the role of Dodi Fayed, Diana’s lover who died alongside her in the 1997 car crash.
- Salim Daw plays Mohamed Al-Fayed, Dodi Fayed’s father.
- Bertie Carvel is cast as Tony Blair, the Prime Minister from 1997–2007.
- Lydia Leonard plays Cherie Blair, Tony Blair’s wife.
- Andrew Havill appears as Robert Fellowes, Elizabeth’s private secretary and brother-in-law of Princess Diana.
- Jamie Parker plays Robin Janvrin, Elizabeth’s deputy private secretary.
- Marcia Warren portrays Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, the widow of King George VI and mother of Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Margaret.
- Claudia Harrison takes on the role of Anne, Princess Royal, Elizabeth and Philip’s second child and only daughter.
- Theo Fraser Steele plays Timothy Laurence, Princess Anne’s husband.
- James Murray appears as Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Elizabeth and Philip’s third child.
- Sam Woolf is cast as Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, the youngest child of Elizabeth and Philip.
- Ed McVey plays Prince William of Wales, Charles and Diana’s elder son and the second-in-line for the British throne, with Rufus Kampa portraying the young Prince William.
- Meg Bellamy appears as Catherine Middleton, a classmate of Prince William.
- Luther Ford plays Prince Harry of Wales, the younger son of Charles and Diana, and the third-in-line to the British throne, with Fflyn Edwards portraying the young Prince Harry.
- Richard Rycroft is cast as George Carey, the Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Matilda Broadbridge plays Pippa Middleton, sister of Catherine Middleton
Also read: Best Horror Movies on Netflix
The Crown Season 6 Cast and Crew
Check out the entire cast and crew of Netflix’s political series ‘The Crown Season 6’. Also know the series release date and much more.
|Web Series||The Crown Season 6|
|Main Cast||Imelda Staunton, Jonathan Pryce, Lesley Manville, Dominic West, Elizabeth Debicki, Olivia Williams, Khalid Abdalla, Salim Daw, Bertie Carvel, Lydia Leonard, Andrew Havill, Jamie Parker, Marcia Warren, Claudia Harrison, Theo Fraser Steele, James Murray, Sam Woolf, Ed McVey, Meg Bellamy, Luther Ford, Richard Rycroft, Matilda Broadbridge|
|Genre||Political Tv Drama|
|Language||Hindi, English, Brazilian, Portuguese, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Czech, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Japanese, Polish, Thai, Turkish|
|OTT||Netflix India and International|
|Release Date in India & Global||Ist 4 Episodes (16 Nov 2023), Next 6 Episodes (14 Dec 2023)|
The Crown Season 6 Story and Plot
“The Crown” Season 6, continuing its dramatization of the British royal family’s history, focuses on the late 1990s and early 2000s. This season is expected to delve into several significant events from this period, reflecting the continuing evolution of the monarchy under Queen Elizabeth II’s reign.
Key plot points likely to be covered include the aftermath of Princess Diana’s tragic death in 1997 and its profound impact on the royal family and the public. The season may also explore the relationship between Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles, which became increasingly public during this time.
Additionally, the season is anticipated to depict Tony Blair’s tenure as Prime Minister, beginning in 1997, and his interactions with the monarchy. This period saw notable shifts in British politics and society, which may be reflected in the series.
The portrayal of the younger generation of royals, particularly Princes William and Harry, as they grow up in the shadow of their mother’s legacy and the public eye, could be another focal point.
As with previous seasons, “The Crown” combines historical facts with creative interpretation, offering a dramatised version of events that blend real history with imagined conversations and scenarios to provide a deep dive into the lives and challenges faced by the British royal family.
The Crown Season 6 Release Date in India and Abroad
The Crown season 6 will be released in two parts in India and Abroad. The first 4 episodes will be released on November 16, 2023 and remaining 6 episodes will be released on December 14, 2023 on Netflix India and Netflix International OTT platform.